In general, for self-paying clients, our fees follow the guidelines set by the Psychological Association of Alberta.  The 2019-2020 Psychological Association of Alberta recommended Fee Schedule is as follows:

Psychologist                                                 $200.00 per session hr

Occupational Therapy                                $175.00 per session hr

Family Therapy                                            $200.00 per session hr

Group Therapy                                             $60.00 per group session hr

In special circumstances we do offer a sliding scale whereas other services (such as intake assessments) are free of charge. 

If paying by third party, we have direct billing options with Alberta Blue Cross and various other insurance providers, and can discuss with you other payment options from various third parties such as unions or employers (if required) as part of our System Navigation.

Further notes on treatment coverage:

Insurance Coverage

Our services are covered by most insurance companies and insurance plans. At the end of each appointment, you will receive a receipt from an Alberta Registered clinician.  You’ll be able to present that receipt to your insurance provider for reimbursement.

It’s the client’s responsibility to know if such receipts are acceptable to your insurance company. Be aware that insurance companies generally only cover a portion of the cost of counselling, usually somewhere in the range of 80%.

Before your appointment, contact your insurance company for details on your coverage.  Be sure to verify the following:

  • What treatment services are covered by your policy? ie: Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Group, Family counselling
  • Whether or not the services are accepted by your insurance plan?
  • Who is covered, per person and per family?
  • If the insurer pays a set amount per visit, a portion of the fee per visit, or a total amount independent of sessions?
  • If session length is an issue?
  • If you need a physician’s referral?
  • The procedure for reimbursement?

Extended Health Plans

Many people have extended health-care coverage through an employer. Many of these health-care plans pay all or a portion of the costs of seeing a Registered Psychologist or Occupational Therapist. Contact your Health Care provider to find out about your coverage. Typically, you will pay the clinic and then be reimbursed by the insurance company.

Employee and Family Assistance Programs

Some employers have EFAPs to help employees deal with mental-health concerns. You may be able to see a psychologist / clinician through your EFAP. Clinicians who work in EFAPs are bound by the same codes of privacy and confidentiality as other therapists.

Workers Compensation Board

If you have psychological problems because of an accident or other workplace stress or incident, you may qualify for psychological treatment through the Workers Compensation Board (WCB). Contact the Workers Compensation Board or your employer to find out more. 

If you have further questions regarding fees and/or billing, please contact us.

Leave a Reply



Recent Posts

Occupational Health and Safety Changes
March 22, 2019

Recent Comments


Should you have any questions regarding any of our programs or services, please feel free to reach us in the following ways:

Phone: 1-888-381-4979 (HWRX) (9am-4:30pm MTN)

Email: info@hlthworx.ca